iBBS.ca Forum M都論坛

找回密碼
 立即註冊
iBBS.ca Forum M都論坛 移民 查看內容

龚晓华在加拿大路子野,中国政府陷两难

2017-7-28 11:29| views: 547| 評論: 0|編輯 |刪除

摘要: 涉传销案的加拿大华人巨商龚晓华去年曾参加总理杜鲁多饱受争议的筹款晚宴。龚晓华目前被中国司法机关指控有组织、领导传销活动罪,涉案金额高达3.5亿加元。 龚晓华(Edward Gong)家住加拿大安省大多伦多地区万锦市 ...

涉传销案的加拿大华人巨商龚晓华去年曾参加总理杜鲁多饱受争议的筹款晚宴。龚晓华目前被中国司法机关指控有组织、领导传销活动罪,涉案金额高达3.5亿加元。

龚晓华(Edward Gong)家住加拿大安省大多伦多地区万锦市。近年来他建立了庞大的商业帝国,在多伦多地区拥有连锁旅店,同时拥有密歇根第二大旅馆以及加拿大的两个中文电视频道,其中包括加拿大国家电视台。

据中国日报2016年的人物介绍,2002年移民加拿大以前,龚晓华是一名歌剧导演,后成为一个富有的企业家。龚于2012年获得女王钻石奖章,以表彰他对社区做出的贡献。

龚晓华曾与前总理史蒂芬·哈珀合影,并且在去年五月多伦多举办的华商筹款晚宴上与杜鲁多总理结交朋友。

在那次晚宴上,他与杜鲁多的合影被广泛刊载,照片上显示杜鲁多当时正在给他的政治现金捐赠者包饺子。环球邮报曾于去年11月报道了政治献金立法改革的相关新闻,这次改革的导火索就是那次饱受争议的筹款晚宴。

龚晓华曾于去年12月在接受《中国日报》(China Daily)采访时表示,他掌握的加拿大媒体渠道代表了“加拿大华人之声”。

中国官媒新华社最近的一篇报道《湖南邵东法院宣判一特大境外遥控传销案 涉案金额达19亿元》,把加拿大国家电视台台长、加拿大爱德华集团董事长龚晓华推到风口浪尖。

目前尚不清楚龚晓华是否和中共交恶。中共近期接连以反腐之名打击巨商,如不久前的安邦保险事件和最近的大连万达事件。前者是安邦主席吴晓辉因不明原因被拘捕;后者是北京禁止国有银行向万达集团贷款进行海外收购。

中国驻加拿大使馆拒绝对龚晓华一案作出评论,也拒绝回应是否北京方面有引渡龚晓华的打算,只说“从媒体报道中获知此事,中国地方法院最近宣判了一起传销案”。

中国一直敦促加拿大签订引渡协议,以便北京方面抓捕被控触犯中国法律的人员。

据新华社报道,共有11人被判有期徒刑和罚款。虽然龚晓华并不在这11人中,但是新华社援引庭审流程,称龚被控“境外遥控”中国涉案人员进行传销。

国内媒体报道,2014年6月至2015年12月,龚晓华以推销加拿大爱德华企业集团旗下“O24国际医药联盟”(以下简称“O24”公司)的产品并赠送“O24”公司原始股票和CNTV股权为幌子,以网站为平台,设立5000元会员入会门槛并积极发展下线,推销“O24”公司的海豹油、抗压源、克通、雾霾清、克糖源、男之源6款产品,以设立推荐奖、对碰奖、报单中心和报单奖为计酬、返利方式,在境外遥控发展国内从事传销活动的人员,共发展会员认购388583单产品,每单5000元,涉案传销资金达194291.5万元。

本周三,龚晓华在多伦多举办了长时间的新闻发布会。龚晓华在新闻发布会上强调爱德华集团销售健康产品的方式是直销,属于跨境电商平台,与传销有本质的区别,他们没有以发展下线为目的,而是通过销售人员直接把产品卖到消费者手中,减少了中间商的盘剥,去年还获得中国商务部颁发的“跨境电商优秀企业奖”。

龚同时表示,本案目前属于初审阶段,集团已经组织了庞大的律师团队,就此判决进行上诉,并会上诉到底,直到最高法院,洗刷自己的清白。龚晓华不满中国媒体报道将他称之为在逃人员,并称自己自从2005年8月后就没有去过中国。

龚拥在加拿大拥有一个中型旅馆连锁店和一所位于汉密尔顿的私立高中,主要服务中国留学生。去年,他的公司收购了位于伊利诺伊的摩托罗拉前生产研发中心,用于建设生物工程研发中心。去年,一位服务于加拿大华商的美国律师在接受采访时透露,“我得说,龚握有相当大的资源”。

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

China accuses Canadian-Chinese tycoon of major role in pyramid scheme

A Chinese-Canadian businessman who attended one of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s controversial cash-for-access fundraising dinners last year is now fighting accusations by prosecutors in China that he played a key role in a massive pyramid scheme that took in more than $350-million.

Edward Gong, from his home in Markham, Ont., has assembled a business empire in recent years, acquiring hotels in the Toronto-area as well as the second-largest hotel in Michigan and two Chinese-language TV channels in Canada, including Canada National TV. He was an opera director before he moved to Canada in 2002 and became a wealthy entrepreneur, according to a 2016 profile in state-run China Daily.

Mr. Gong was awarded a Queen’s Diamond Jubilee medal in 2012, which was given to recognize community service.

He has been photographed with former prime minister Stephen Harper, and befriended Mr. Trudeau at a now-famous Liberal fundraiser involving Chinese-Canadian business people in Toronto last May.

He was in one of the widely circulated photos of the Prime Minister at the event – it shows Mr. Trudeau making dumplings for his donors. The picture was part of The Globe and Mail’s coverage of cash-for-access fundraisers that prompted the Liberals to usher in legislative reforms concerning donations to political parties.

The businessman, whose given Chinese name is Xiao Hua, told the China Daily last December that he was using his Canadian broadcasting outlets to represent “China’s voice in Canada.”

China’s state-controlled news agency, Xinhua News, recently reported that prosecutors in Shaodong county of Hunan Province have accused Mr. Gong of recruiting personnel for a pyramid scheme that reaped 1.9 billion yuan, which is equivalent to $350-million (Canadian).

It is not known whether Mr. Gong has run afoul of China’s Communist Party, which has recently clamped down on alleged corruption, ensnaring far bigger corporate tycoons such as the chairman of Anbang Insurance Group and the founder of property giant Dalian Wanda Group. Anbang chair Wu Xiaohui was recently arrested for undisclosed reasons and Beijing barred state-owned banks from lending money to Wanda, whose founder, Wang Jianlin, has been accused of overpaying for overseas properties.

The Chinese embassy in Canada declined to comment on Mr. Gong’s case and on whether Beijing might seek his extradition, saying only that it has “learned from media reports that the relevant Chinese local judicial department recently conducted a trial on a pyramid-selling case.” The Chinese government has been pressing Canada to sign an extradition treaty that would make it easier for Beijing to bring alleged wrongdoers to China.

According to Xinhua, 11 people were handed prison sentences and fines in connection with the alleged pyramid scheme. Mr. Gong was not named among those convicted or sentenced, but the news agency, citing court proceedings, said he is accused of having “remotely developed” personnel in China who were involved in the pyramid selling.

Pyramid schemes are an illegal form of multilevel marketing, an arrangement for the distribution of products in which participants are supposed to earn money by supplying products to other participants.

According to Canada’s Competition Bureau, they focus primarily on generating profit by recruiting others to put their money into it rather than from the sale of the products.

The Xinhua article said organizers of this alleged scheme sold health products supplied by O24 Pharma PLC, which they said was owned by Mr. Gong’s Edward Enterprise International Group, and charged members 5,000 yuan to join. The court said this scheme offered members shares of O24 Pharma and Canada National TV if they purchased O24 health products such as “Harp Seal Oil,” “Lung Cleanse” and “Stress Less.” Britain’s corporate registry shows a company called O24 Pharma PLC was majority owned by Mr. Gong as of 2015.

The entrepreneur did not immediately respond when asked for comment, but he held a lengthy news conference on Wednesday at a Toronto-area hotel he owns, where he rejected the allegations and proclaimed his innocence.

Mr. Gong vowed to fight the accusations and take the matter to China’s Supreme Court if necessary. He portrayed the allegations as an attack on his TV channel and businesses.

“In North America, I have about 630 employees; around 600 of them are full-time employees,” he told reporters. “You can defame me, but you cannot defame a media that spread the positivity of Chinese culture. … I am a Canadian citizen. But my heart is still in China.”

He took issue with Chinese media coverage that reported he was a fugitive “on the run,” saying he is being tried in public without the right to defend himself and has not been to China since August, 2005.

“I haven’t received any summons from court, neither any notice from any department in China. ... I wasn’t given any right to talk and then I become an escaped criminal. I cannot sleep these two days; I am a little bit depressed,” he said.

Mr. Gong defended his business in China, saying he uses the Internet to sell health products there and engages in multilevel marketing just as other companies do in Canada or the United States. “This is normal when we sell products here.”

Mr. Gong owns a small chain of mid-sized hotels as well as a private high school in Hamilton that caters mainly to students from China. His corporation acquired Motorola’s former production research centre in Illinois last year with the goal of establishing a biological engineering research and development facility.

A U.S. lawyer working for the Chinese-Canadian businessman told the Detroit Free Press last year that “Mr. Gong has considerable resources. I will say that,” when asked how much he was willing to spend on a massive renovation of the former Dearborn Hyatt Regency, which he bought for $20-million (U.S.).

最新評論

iBBS.ca Forum M都論坛

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 03:47 , Processed in 0.070958 second(s), 16 queries .

© 2013

返回頂部